Join the Maryland Asphalt Association and the Maryland State Highway Administration on March 18, 2020, for the 58th Annual MAA Paving Conference, which marks the beginning of the paving season with education, innovation from exhibitors, and networking with colleagues.
In 2020, the Paving Conference—which welcomed record-breaking attendance in 2019—will continue to provide a full day of education, exhibits, and an awards presentation, and furthermore provides a forum for the sharing of ideas and concerns by bringing together key personnel and decision makers from both the construction and road building industry, as well as Federal Highway and State Highway Administrations. This one day event is scheduled from 7:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
REGISTRATION CLOSES MARCH 11!
- Keynote Address – Dr. Audrey Copeland, National Asphalt Pavement Association;
- Federal Highway Administration update – Heather Dylla, Federal Highway Administration;
- Balanced Mix Design update – Dr. Buzz Powell, National Center for Asphalt Technology Test Track;
- Safety Expert Panel – Dora Parks, Miss Utility; First Sargent Colin Bristow, Maryland State Police; and Jeff Richard, Astec, Inc.;
- 7 Characteristics of Highly Effective Paving Foremen –Steve McReynolds, Asphalt Testing Solutions & Engineering;
- Paving Project Set Up: Back to Basics – Todd Mansell, Caterpillar Global Paving Products;
- SHA Asset Management Plan and Fund 77 Update – Tim Smith, P.E., Maryland Dept. of Transportation State Highway Administration;
- NCAT Test Track Update and Mix Performance – Dr. Buzz Powell, National Center for Asphalt Technology Test Track;
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective Plant Operators – TJ Young, T2ASCO;
- And more to come!
Following the education sessions and a savory lunch, the MAA will present the 2019 “Excellence in Paving” awards.
Interested in sponsoring or exhibiting? Learn more and register here.
Thank you to our sponsors!
| || |
| || |
Be sure to visit our exhibitors at the Paving Conference.
- American Paving Fabrics
- Associated Asphalt
- B2W Software
- Blacklidge Emulsions, Inc.
- Donegal Construction Corp.
- Eagle Crusher
- Earthwave Technologies, Inc.
- Federal Highway Administration
- Francis O. Day Company
- George Associates, Inc.
- Gray & Son, Inc. / Maryland Paving, Inc.
- GT Mid Atlantic
- InstroTek, Inc.
- Laney Materials, LLC d/b/a The Recycling Center
- Libra Systems
- Maryland State Highway Administration
- P. Flanigan & Sons, Inc.
- Priceless Industries, Inc.
- SITECH Chesapeake
- Specialized Engineering
- Surface Systems & Instruments, Inc.
- TopCon Solutions